Sunday, May 28, 2006

Happy birthday Daphne

Yesterday was my little Daphne’s second birthday. It’s unbelievable how fast these two years gone and it is unbelievable this little girl that runs all around and tries to say words and small phrases in three languages is my little Daphne. Last night I felt tears in my eyes.

I still cannot believe how many things have changed in my life these last two years. I know, I know everybody had warned me that becoming a father brings a lot of changes but ..this is totally different from what I heard.

Everybody, just everybody told me about waking up in the middle of the night, belly aches and new teeth. Bu nobody had told me that every day will be nothing more than a constant waiting to put her in my arms. Nobody ever told me that her smile will be life for me and that every time she says ‘daddy’ I feel tears in my eyes. Nobody had told me that my life will be just …her!

Two years old and I still check every night, twice three times if she breaths ok, if she has fever and if she’s covered and worm. Is so selfish what I’m going to say but I just cannot imagine my life without her. I just cannot imagine what would happen to me without her.

I live in her little words, her small phrases and her small steps. Every time she says something new I feel having a party, even though sometimes I have no idea what she says since it is in Finnish.

Happy birthday my little baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home