Sunday, May 14, 2006

The holy island (2)

continues from the last >>>


“Just stand up and clean your face, you are fine!” yes fine, my pride was squashed under the apricots and I could not even see it bleeding, so bad. What made it worst was not what she said but the way she was looking at me and even though I was still on the floor face down or better, face inside the bag with the apricots I could feel her eyes burning on my back.

The next thing to come was her voice saying “I told you so.” But I was determine to be calm and keep what was left from my dignity alive or at least in better condition than my new t-shirt that was full of apricot liquid.

“I told you about the step, didn’t I?’ what’s worst from my grandmother saying I told you so? The fat short woman with the shrieking voice saying the very same thing. I knew it. I knew from the first second I saw her that I was going to hate her. My instinct was correct.

However hard it could be I took the decision not to bother with her. So trying hard to avoid my grandmother’s look, I stood slowly up; picked the two plastic bags I was carrying all the way from Piraeus with all the vegetables and walked towards a metal bench that I was sure that it was representing the kitchen. I metal sink proved that I was right.

“You take care of your things and feel comfortable and in the meantime I’m going to bring the towels.” While saying that she moved backwards to the door and dragging her thick sleepers she moved out of the room closing the door behind her. That was the total horror but … I had promise to my self to keep calm.

>>> continues next

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home