Friday, May 12, 2006

Create a family

“When are you going to create a family?” My grandmother used these exact words very often adding in the end, “the day you will create a family I will die!” and for my grandmother the word was ‘create’, not make.

You are not making a family, you create a family, and you build up a family with a lot of work, patience and love. For my grandmother family didn’t mean two people living together and been blessed from the church, that was nothing. Family for my grandmother meant kids.



That’s what she meant and one evening sometime ago, I called her to tell her …that I was creating a family. Few months after she died.

So here I am now, two years and a few months after I lost the person I loved most in my life and two years for a few days that I got the person I love most in my life. Two years now I cannot believe that my grandmother gone and I’m sure that the telephone will ring in a minute and I will hear her voice, you see I was unlucky enough to live a few thousands miles away and not have the chance to see her in her last moments. But two years now I look in the eyes of my little daughter and I have the feeling that she’s somewhere in there happy that I created a family.

So my little Daphne, this is where I’m going to tell you everything about this grandmother you never met but will be always inside you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home